Free treatments for COVID-19 can help prevent hospitalization and reduce your chance for severe disease. COVID-19 therapeutic treatments can help lower the amount of virus in your body, protecting you from severe symptoms. The sooner you start treatment, the better.
Available Therapeutic Treatments:
- Treatment Pills
- Paxlovid (must be taken within 5 days of your first COVID-19 symptom) is an antiviral treatment pill for individuals age 12 and older. A free telehealth service is available to help you find out if it is right for you.
- Molnupiravir (must be taken within 5 days of your first COVID-19 symptom) is an antiviral treatment pill that reduces the COVID-19 virus’ ability to multiply in the body.
- Remdesivir (must be given within 7 days of your first COVID-19 symptom) is an antiviral infusion medication administered over the course of 3 days for individuals who have mild-to-moderate COVID-19 and are at high risk for severe COVID-19.
How to access therapeutic treatments:
Call your primary care doctor right away to learn about your treatment options if you are positive for COVID-19, OR:
- Free telehealth consultations are available for eligible individuals 18 or older who are currently living in Massachusetts and insurance is not required. If you’re eligible, you’ll be connected with a clinician for a phone or video consultation within 30 minutes. This service is available in various languages including English, Spanish, Haitian Creole, and Portuguese. You can access telehealth services by calling 833-273-6330 or online at mass.gov/CovidTelehealth. Clinicians are available every day from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM EST. This is a quick and easy way to see if Paxlovid is right for you. If it is, they’ll arrange for you to pick it up at your local pharmacy or ship it with free overnight delivery.
- Anti-SARS-CoV2 monoclonal antibodies and oral antivirals are available through state-funded sites across the Commonwealth. Click here to find a location near you.
- You may qualify for Massachusetts’ in-home treatment program. Visit mass.gov/InHomeCovidTreatments to learn more about eligibility.
View a map of locations offering antiviral pills and monoclonal antibody treatment here: MA COVID-19 Therapeutic Locator
More information can be found here.